Full torso cast.
This client wanted a torso body cast as a gift to herself after the birth of her daughter.
( note: she has given me permission to share this, I’m very careful about confidentiality for all of my clients )
1. I work with the client to find a pose which is artistically beautiful and is practical to mold with this process.
2. A special skin-safe silicone is painted on the model.
3. Fast-set plaster bandages are applied over the silicone to create a hard shell support for the silicone rubber mold.
4. Plaster, resin, or wax ( to make a foundry cast bronze) is applied to the inside silicone surface.
5. The plaster or resin cast is removed from the silicone mold the next day. It will always look a bit rough, We will spend a couple hours trimming, repairing small defects, and adding supports to the back.
5. The cast needs to dry at least 2 weeks before we can do the final surface finish.
This type of torso cast will cost between $200 and $400. See my Prices page or contact me for a more specific price for your torso cast.