A body cast is one of the most intimate gifts you can give to a lover. Many clients want the body cast not as a gift to someone else, but as a gift to themselves.
The most common requests from adults are hand casts or torso casts, but we can also do more intimate, unusual, or conceptual casts.
Body casts are a great way to mark an important moment in your life.
We can do “pregnant belly” casts, but pre- or post- pregnancy casts are also meaningful and beautiful. For more intimate casts, check the special page Intimate-Sexy – Anything can be cast, just ask.
Engagement couple’s hand casting :
Post-pregnancy torso cast:
It’s usually best to cast all the way around to the ears and down the neck a bit.
Head and shoulders
I help the client’s find a meaningful and comfortable pose.
They will need to hold the pose for only about 5_10 minutes until the alginate sets firm.
Alginate is a mold making material that’s 100% safe and bio-degradable. It captures great detail and will not harm even the most sensitive skin.
Their hands are slowly removed from the alginate mold then I mix and pour in the final casting material. Cheap craft store castings are old fashioned Plaster of Paris but it’s very easy to break and doesn’t hold good detail. I cast with modern,non-toxic, high performance materials such as TufStone, Drystone, Duracal, or Forton MG.
Grandma and Grandpa – Couples hand cast
Full torso cast or pregnant belly cast.
1. I work with the client to find a pose which is artistically beautiful and is practical to mold with this process.
This client wanted a torso body cast as a gift to herself after the birth of her daughter.
( note: she has given me permission to share this, I’m very careful about confidentiality for all of my clients )
2. A special skin-safe silicone is painted on the model.
3. Fast-set plaster bandages are applied over the silicone to create a hard shell support for the silicone rubber mold.
4. Plaster, resin, or wax ( to make a foundry cast bronze) is applied to the inside silicone surface.
5. The plaster or resin cast is removed from the silicone mold the next day. It will always look a bit rough, We will spend a couple hours trimming, repairing small defects, and adding supports to the back.
6. The cast needs to dry at least 2 weeks before we can do the final surface finish.
Half torso cast-
I created this cast to use as a reference for my sculpture “Wind Spirit 2” . My sculptures take many weeks or months to create so it’s great to have a cast of the pose always available whenever I’m sculpting.